Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CSO Audition Report (no not that CSO)

A quick post from the Columbus (OH) airport. I leave here a loser, me and 150 other horn players. I played pretty well. I didn't chip anything. Some intonation lapses here and there and possibly a couple spots of uncertain rhythm. Nothing I'm ashamed of, really. I know I can prepare better with regards to these elements in the future.

The audition was very well run considering the number of players involve. They had two venues going simultaneously for a day and a half and thus allowed everyone a nice chunk of time to play everything. Though a nice little fruit spread in the waiting room is always appreciated.

I learned I prefer to have the amenities like flying rather than driving, staying over the night before rather than going the day of, getting a rental car rather than public transportation. It all just makes the experience more relaxing.

I also very much like having someone back home who is thinking about you and who cares about you. Someone to call after the whole damn thing is over. It calms the heart tremendously!

5 comments:

C de C said...

so, dare i ask, who won?

Davis Erin Anderson said...

It certainly IS nice to have someone to call post-audition. I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive experience. It's good karma for the next audition.

I've changed my url, btw. daysbigadventure.blogspot.com. Thanks for updating your links!

Keep up the good work!

Kamp said...

I don't know the winner. I got the hell outta Dodge before the prelims were even completed. I'm gonna check in with JR (of UW & NWS fame) to get all the dirt. When I knnow, you'll know. unless she swears me to secrecy. Then when I know you'll still know but you can't let anyone else know that you know or that you know that I know...ya know?

L. said...

That anyone could refer to me as a "beacon" right now is utterly stupefying, Kamp, but completely appreciated. I arrived back in Calgary to your hilarious and wonderful care-package. Thank you. I would have emailed you directly, but I don't have your email address. It was the brightest part of my day so far, and will be tough to beat.

L. said...

FYI, the bread wasn't moldy, its still quite good!

LR