Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Neglected Blog

"The sky is clearing, the thermometer is rising (slowly) and the water in the basement is falling (even more slowly). The European starlings outside my windows are busily gathering dry long-grass for nests. Jays are screeching, robins are worm-hunting, red-wing blackbirds are dive bombing and cardinals are belting it out, divas that they are. (Or should that be "divos"? The males do all the coloratura.) Spring is here! "

I've been neglecting my blog quite a bit this spring. This is easy to do since I don't have an Internet connection from my country home (other than email/some web surfing through my cell phone). I try to frequent a Hy-Vee in whatever town I'm in (they sometimes have wireless in the deli) but those visits can be spotty. I do write posts but they often don't seem to make it past the editing stage and eventually they become too dated to bother publishing (e.g. this post's opening paragraph). I will do better. Honest.

In reality the sun is setting after a hot May day in Des Moines where I am rehearsing all week for the season closer (Tchaik 4) this weekend. I'm enjoying the amenities of this second home, including wireless so I should be able to make up for lost blogging time over the next few days. In consulting my archives it seems I've come full circle and not really gotten anywhere!

Soooo I might as well post some old stuff even if it isn't current. Like NBC used to announce when they were trying to flog viewers into watching repeats: "If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!"

No comments: